The City of Hastings maintains a compost drop-off area on W. State Rd that will be accessible from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM daily.
City of Hastings residents who have compostable materials may obtain temporary access to the site by calling the City of Hastings at 269.945.2468 between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM Monday through Friday with proof of residency within the city limits. A temporary code for access to the site will be issued. The code is changed every Monday, so you may need to call for that week’s code.
Rules regarding the use of this site are as follows:
- Site is only for compostable materials originating from property within the City of Hastings
- The following materials may be dropped off:
- Branches less than 3 inches in diameter and no more than 4 feet in length
- Leaves and grass clippings.
- No treated lumber or building materials.
Deputy City Manager