Hastings Community Development
Community Development Director
Community Development Specialist
Arts and Events Coordinator
The Community Development department supports community development and revitalization. The Department manages federal, state, and local funds supporting programs and services that benefit residents, commercial corridors, business and industry, and the downtown district, among other targeted areas and sites in the City. These programs address housing needs, job creation and retention, brownfield redevelopment, riverfront revitalization, enhanced quality of life and community reinvestment through established partnerships in the community.
Community Development is also responsible for direct community promotion efforts and actively participates in community and regional planning. The department staff assists the Zoning Administrator and Planning Consultant with planning responsibilities for the City.
Community Development provides staff, coordinates projects, and budgets for the Downtown Development Authority, Local Development Finance Authority, and Brownfield Redevelopment Authority.
Work with business and industry to retain existing jobs and to create new jobs within the City
- Complete a minimum of two retention visits each month.
- Aggressively market the City of Hastings and business opportunities available.
- Provide timely responses to all inquiries from potential businesses.
- Work with the City Assessor to prepare tax incentives upon request and when appropriate.
- Develop and sustain a good working relationship with State and Federal Agencies that provide incentives for, or that may affect, job growth through their programs.